Does grocery shopping stress you out? I know what it’s like to spend a bunch of time making a list, load the kids into the car, and drive to the store only to realize that my list is an unorganized mess. Or worse, I forgot it at home. So I’m left to stumble through the store begging the kids not to scream or destroy the shelves. And then when I get home, I realize that I forgot several things or am out of something I thought I had. I get it. I’ve been there. But I am here to tell you that it will all be okay. Check out these tips to simplify your grocery shopping.
And stick with me, because Tip #4 is the one you DON’T want to miss!
4 Tips To Simplify Your Grocery Shopping
Most of the issues with a terrible grocery shopping experience can be traced back to being unprepared. So I am going to give you some simple ways to overcome that and feel prepared every time!
Planning Your Grocery Shopping Trip
- Take an inventory. Before each grocery shopping trip you should always go through your kitchen and pantry to see what you have. This will not only help you to make your list, but also tell you how much you need to buy to get through the week. Knowing what meat you have in the freezer, how many eggs are left, and that you have a bag of potatoes that will go bad in the next few days is crucial to your list and your budget.
- Keep track of what you need. When you are cooking, you will often use something up. When you finish a spice or pull the last stick of butter out of the fridge, write it down. Put the list on display in your kitchen so you can’t miss it. Mine is on a whiteboard on my fridge with my meal plan. If I use the last of the basil or notice I am almost out of canola oil, I write it down before moving on to the next step of cooking so it doesn’t get forgotten.
- Make a meal plan. Knowing what meals you are going to be making in the upcoming week will keep you on track and help simplify your grocery shopping experience.
- Set your budget. If you have a set number in mind ahead of time you are less likely to spend extra. I like to bring cash whenever I can so that I have a hard stop to my grocery shopping budget. This also requires paying close attention to what you are grabbing which is a good way to stick to your list.
Doing Your Research
- Check the sales flyers. Gather all the papers you get in the mail and look through them for good sale prices. Also, search for prices on anything that you need for meals in your meal plan so you know where to get them.
- Look at Ibotta and Ebates. Check for cash back or rebate offers do that you can be sure to get varieties/quantities that qualify if necessary. Don’t have Ibotta yet? Get a $10 reward when you sign up HERE. Don’t have Ebates? Sign up HERE and start saving today!
- Write an organized list. Simplify your grocery shopping experience by putting your list in order by department or aisle. That way you don’t waste time going back and forth in the store (over and over and over..)
Quick Tips To Simplify Your Grocery Shopping
- Don’t go when you are hungry. You will buy more food because a lot of things will sound good.
- Use reusable grocery bags. Some stores give discounts for each bag that you use. And others are starting to require you have them. You have to pay for paper bags or bring your own in California. They don’t have plastic at all. I can’t begin to tell you how many times I forgot my bags, refused to pay for paper or buy more reusable and had to load all the loose groceries into my car.
- Use the smallest basket you can. When you have less space to fit items into, you are less likely to grab unnecessary items.
- Go kid-free. That way you don’t have distractions and extra stress while you are doing your grocery shopping.
- Always stock your staple items. If you use certain items often, then you want to make sure that you are buying them regularly. In my family, we buy a lot of milk, eggs, fresh vegetables, and blocks of cheese, among other things.
Shopping Made Simple
I saved the best for last! Because this is an INCREDIBLE system that will help you more than you could imagine. Shopping Made Simple will automate your errands, saving you time and money, while decreasing your stress levels.
Click HERE to simplify your grocery shopping with Shopping Made Simple today!
I had tried several times over a few years to set up subscription services but had failed to figure out something that would work the way I wanted it to and save us money. I ended up getting my husband a years supply of razors in 3 months. Which is saying a lot because he shaves his head, so he uses his razor every other day.
So I was feeling very discouraged and overwhelmed with the whole idea of subscription services. And I had moved on to dealing with regular grocery shopping.
Then I found Shopping Made Simple and my problem was solved.
This step-by-step process helped me get everything organized and set up so that I don’t have to worry about getting my grocery shopping done anymore. I have a master list of items setup so I know what I need and the varieties I use. And it makes the entire process very simple for me.
I know that Shopping Made Simple will help you too!
With a detailed breakdown of subscription and delivery service pros and cons. And a step-by-step process to get started and maintain your accounts and deliveries, you won’t have to worry about your grocery shopping anymore.
And for the fresh items like meat, dairy, and produce, you can pick it up in-store. Because it goes over how to use the pick-up programs too.
Because as a mom and a wife, I know that time is one of your most prized possessions. And that you never have enough time in the day. So let Shopping Made Simple automate your errands and simplify your shopping today!
Click HERE to get Shopping Made Simple now!
Simplify Your Grocery Shopping Today
You already know that my favorite solution is Shopping Made Simple. But I still use all the other tips I gave you here too between deliveries because I prefer to pick my own produce and meat. And I highly recommend that you try ALL of these things together for the absolute best results and to best simplify your grocery shopping.