I am starting a journey and I would love for you join me on it. We may start and finish in different places, but at the end we will both be living our Dream Life!
*This post may contain affiliate links. These links will take you away from my site and suggest an item to purchase that I believe in. If you make a purchase using these links, I will get a small commission at no extra cost to you*
So I didn’t come up with all of this on my own. I had some major inspiration from a book that I literally started to read today. It is called The 12 Week Year. I have only read the first 3 chapters.
But here’s the thing. It has already been life changing.
So far, nothing that I’ve read has been new information. I have heard it all before. While I read I do a lot of head nodding in agreement. Yet, I read 24 pages and it literally changed my entire way of thinking.
Everything in the book is presented in a very simple and straightforward way, making it very easy to really get the importance of the information. And all of it has really resonated with me in a way that I am inspired in a way I never have been before. It has helped me to realize that I can live my dream life. And I am not going to wait to make it happen.
I’ve already started working on my journey to my dream life and I want you to work on yours right along with me. So follow along as I write about my progress and do the work with me so we can both get going!
What is Your Dream Life?
So I keep talking about this dream life. But what exactly do I mean?
Well, it’s going to be different for everyone. Your dream life is going to be everything that you want.
I don’t mean you won’t have any issues ever. It’s not a fantasy. It’s not even a “If I could be anything I wanted, I would be a rock star,” when you can’t sing or play an instrument. No, it’s what you actually want out of your life.
I want a happy and fulfilling marriage for both my husband and I. Our relationship should set a good example for our children as they grow up. I want to raise happy, self-motivated, and successful children.
We will own a home that has everything we want in it. It will be a comfortable space that is ours and we are proud to show off.
I want to be able to help my friends and family whenever they may need it. And to have good, lasting relationships with everyone we care about most.
I want to be comfortable in my body. And to feel good about the way that I look. Minimizing unhealthy habits while still treating myself every once in a while. I also want to be mentally and emotionally comfortable. So having my stress level as low as possible is key.
Financially I want to be comfortable. I don’t want to have to always worry about the bank account. If something breaks I want to have an emergency fund rather than trying to figure out what credit card to use.
That is just part of my dream life. Your dream life will include all aspects of your life.
Be specific and take your time. This is going to be your motivation to do the work you need to do later. It is the all important beginning. If you are not honest with yourself, you won’t be motivated to do the work.
So take out a pen and some paper and start writing. I’m going to give you some categories to work with. As well as some questions to get your mind flowing in each category. If something doesn’t fit your dream, skip the question. And, of course, add in your own information. As much as you possibly can!
Remember how important this is! In 3, 5, 10 years, this is what you want your life to look like! And it’s going to take a lot of hard work to get there. There will be other motivators on the way, but getting to live you dream life is the be all, end all.
Make it perfect!
Your Dream Life
Use the categories to make sure you hit all aspects of your life. Use the questions to get your mind flowing with ideas. Add or take away whatever you’d like. Enjoy!
- Is there someone in your life you want to see more?
- Are you happy with the kind of friend you are?
- What do your current relationships bring to your life?
- Are any of your relationships toxic?
- What relationship is most important to you?
- How can you improve about your relationships?
- What do you want your family to look like?
- Who is your family?
- How do you currently feel about your family?
- What role do you want to have within your family?
- How do you want your family to see you?
- How important is money in your life?
- What amount of income would make you feel accomplished?
- What will you do to make money?
- Do you currently ‘work to live’ or ‘live to work’?
- What do you want to do with your money?
- Where do you live?
- What type of vacations do you take?
- Do you have a daily routine or is every day different?
- How often do you travel? Where do you go?
- Do you own property or rent? What’s It like?
- What is your work schedule like?
- Do you cook at home or eat out?
- Who lives with you?
- Do you exercise?
- How often do you see your friends/family? What do you do with them?
- What does your diet look like?
- How often are you active?
- Are you comfortable with the way you look? What do you look like?
- Do you drink/smoke? How often?
- Do you see a dentist?
- Are you struggling with/working on anything emotionally or mentally?
- How involved are you with the community?
- Do you have neighbors?
- Are you part of a church/club?
- What do you like about the community you live in?
- Where does your happiness come from?
- If you were to pray, what would you ask for?
- What are you afraid of?
- Are you happy with who you are?
- Have you worked to understand your emotions?
- Is there anything that you are working to accept about yourself?
Know You Are Capable
Now that you have your dream life figured out, you need to do the work to get there. The reason we are starting with outlining what your dream is, is that it is going to be your main motivation.
Whenever you are having a rough day or week, pull out your notebook and read back through your dream life. Knowing that achieving that dream is why you are working so hard to be successful, to reach the income you want, to raise your family, whatever you need to work at on the journey there, will be worth it.
Remind yourself daily that you are capable of anything if you work hard and take it one moment, one day, one week at a time. And we will work together to make it through this journey.
Start doing the work today. And live your dream life as soon as you can.
You can buy your own copy of the book that started me on my dream life journey, The 12 Week Year,
Let me know what you are doing today to start your journey!
PS. To get a free printable weekly planner for your 12 week year check out Your Dream Life: Plan For Results – Free Printable.